We are a European network for the development and support of psychological anthropology (ENPA), affiliated to the European Association of Social Anthropologists (EASA).
As the number of anthropologists with psychological interests continues to grow in Europe, a coordinated European network has become imperative; one aiming to sustain and nurture teaching, research and student supervision in this area, as well as providing a vehicle through which impact on related public health policies can be facilitated.
The network (ENPA) was founded by Dr James Davies, Dr Keir Martin and Dr Thomas Stodulka in January 2018. We invite anyone with an interest in psychological anthropology or the intersection between anthropology and psychology and/or psychotherapy to join.
- ENPA Conference 2023 – Save the Date: June 7-9, University of OsloWe are excited to announce that the ENPA2023 conference will take place at the University of Oslo on June 7-9. It will be organized by Keir Martin, Sean Dowdy, Arsenii Khitrov, and Tuva Breyer Broch. Please save the date – more info coming soon.
- Prize for a Remarkable Published Paper in 2021 awarded to Samuele PolettiIt is our pleasure to announce that the annual Prize for a Remarkable Published Paper in 2021 was awarded to Samuele Poletti for the paper titled: The Good, the Dead and the Other: Chronicles of a Nepali Phantasmicide. The paper was published in ETHOS. The paper was … Continue reading
- A note from the new ENPA convenorsFirst of all, thank you to all the members and interested colleagues who have joined our network meeting at EASA2022. As newly (re-)elected convenors, we, Anni Kajanus, Suzana Jovičić, and John Loewenthal would like to express our gratitude to the outgoing convenors James Davies, Keir Martin, and … Continue reading
- ENPA Junior Scholars @EASA2022: “Co-imagining an alternative intellectualism: an open space”, July 28th, 13.15 (lunch event)How can we break down the borders of our intellectual communities, for them to be more inclusive, egalitarian, humble, and radical in impacting the world? That will be the question we would like to explore, collectively, during this lunch event. This lab brings together scholars committed to … Continue reading
- Applications for ENPA convenorship 2023 – 2026The European Network for Psychological Anthropology (ENPA) is inviting applications for the ENPA convenorship for the term of 2023 – 2026. Please send a brief motivation letter including a statement on the potential future contributions to ENPA, as well as a statement on previous commitments and participation … Continue reading